Thursday, May 17, 2012

Is That An Eggplant Or Your Foot?

I, in true Rosalinda fashion, have sprained my ankle. I was playing softball in gym and was on first. Someone hit a grounder right towards the short-stop. Shoot, I thought. I'll never make it. But I had to run, my teammate had to get on first. So I ran. The short-stop threw it to the second baseman and the second baseman- didn't catch it. It hit the ground and rolled straight towards me. I jumped up to get over it and.......landed on it. I swear I heard crunches and pops.But I was safe And so I'm sitting at home, listening to Bob Seger's "We've Got Tonight", tying Turk's Heads and  Good Luck knots. And I'm missing our last track meets. Not like I want to run when my ankle's as big around as my two fists put together and has a nice, deep, dark purple/green line under the swelling. But I really want to run. But for now I can just admire the ever-deepening hue of my ankle.
-Heartland's Rosalinda

No comments:

Post a Comment